Hufflepuff Choux au Craquelin Recipe
Hello Hufflepuffs, here's a recipe for Hufflepuff choux au craquelin kindly shared by Lene from bagvrk.dk for you to showoff your house pride in the most delicious way. This comes in handy especially when you have more flag picks than baking cups left.
You'll find the list of all the ingredients below, and if you need to get more Harry Potter baking cups and flags, they are available on our website.
Cookie dough – the craquelin
- 70 g soft salted butter
- 80 g sugar
- 80 g all purpose flour
- Yellow food coloring
- 1.2 dl. water
- 50 g salted butter
- 75 g all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, size M/L
Lemon curd cream
- 2½ dl. whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla sugar
- 200 g lemon curd
- 1 sheet of gelatine
- Mix the soft butter with sugar and food coloring.
- Sift the flour in and form a dough. Put the dough in a zipper bag, roll it to a thickness of 2 mm and put it into the freezer, while you make the choux pastry.
- Heat the oven to 190° (regular oven, not fan).
- Bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat. Sift the flour and stir it into the water/butter. Form a ball. Put the pan back on the heat and stir for a few minutes, until the dough is warm, shiny and starts to leave droplets of oil on the surface of the pan.
- Move the dough to a mixing bowl and let it cool for a few minutes. Mix the eggs together using a fork. Add the eggs to the dough a little at a time. Mix it well, before you add more egg. Use a hand- or stand mixer. The dough starts falling apart, when you add the egg, but after mixing well, it will come together again.
- Fill the dough into a piping bag and pipe 12 dots, 5 cm diameter on a baking sheet.
- Remove the cookie dough from the freezer. Stamp out the craquelin with a round cutter, 4 cm diameter and place them on top of each choux.
- Bake your Hufflepuff choux au craquelin for 30-35 minutes. Do NOT open the oven door too early. Let them bake for at least 30 minutes. The choux must be golden brown and the craquelin light brown. Let the choux cool on a cooling rack.
Lemon curd cream
- Soften the gelatine in cold water for 20 minutes. Melt the gelatine with 3 tbsp. of cream over a bain-marie. Mix it well and remove it from the heat. Let cool, until it is lukewarm.
- Whip the cream with sugar and vanilla until soft peaks. It must not be too stiff.
- Whip the lemon curd until smooth. When the gelatine has cooled, mix it with a tablespoon of the whipped cream. Add the gelatine to the lemon curd and mix it well. Gently fold the whipped cream into the lemon curd, ¼ at a time, until everything has been incorporated.
- Fill the lemon curd cream into a piping bag prepared with a round nozzle. Cut a hole in the bottom of each choux with a small knife and fill the cream into the choux. Fill them completely. Put a Hufflepuff flag in each choux.
- Serve your Hufflepuff choux au craquelin as soon as possible, as they soften after a while.
Not sure what kind of magical dishes you can do? Here's some inspirations.