Harry Potter Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
These delicious Harry Potter chocolate cupcakes are perfect to share with your friends or for any special occasion. Why don’t you surprise your chosen one or that friend or group of friends who love Harry Potter preparing them those exclusive cupcakes?
It is an easy and fast recipe but we promise that it is more than worth it!
Ingredients for the 10 cupcakes
1 table spoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ cups plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
Ingredients for the chocolate buttercream icing
½ cup of butter, softened
- 1 and a half cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- a teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- some milk to thin to the right consistency
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Beat the butter and the sugar together in a bowl. You can soften the butter in the microwave for an easier mixing.
- Now you can add the rest of the ingredients and continue mixing them all. The vanilla extract is totally up to you, don't worry if you do not have it
- Lay out your Harry Potter baking cups on a baking tray.
Note that it is not a must to have a baking tray. If you do not have it, you still bake the cupcakes without.
- Fill up your baking cups to about 2/3 to ¾ full. Bake them for about 15 minutes. While your cupcakes are being cooked, you can start preparing your icing!
- For the icing. firstly mix the butter with a hand mixer. Make sure that the butter is at room temperature if you are not using an electronic mixer.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue mixing. You can add a bit of milk to thin the mixing to the desired consistency.
- Once your cupcakes are baked and cooled, you can decorate your cupcakes with the chocolate icing.
You can use a piping bag but if you do not have any, you can simply frost gently with the help of a spoon.
- Add the flags on the top of the icing for a final touch and you are ready to go!
We hope you enjoy our recipe and we will be more than happy if you share your Harry Potter cupcake recipes with us via the hashtag #HarryPottercupcakes, we will share them in our social networks!
2. Video tutorial