Ginger Harry Potter cookies recipe
A huge thank you to Lene for sharing this amazing recipe and her photos with us! We are looking forward to seeing the cookies of the two other houses and of Hogwarts! You can visit her blog here for more of her recipes.
Here are things you need to bake these cookies:
- 250 g all-purpose flour (low on gluten, preferably 8-9 g per 100 g)
- 35 g of rice flour
- 70 g of confectioner's sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. ground ginger
- 125 g of cold butter
- 1 egg, size M / L
- Food colors (y’all know the trick - red for Gryffindor, yellow for Hufflepuff, blue for Ravenclaw, green for Slytherin)
- Harry Potter cookie stamps
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Cut in butter, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in egg and knead the dough. Divide into four and color each part as the color of the houses, yellow, red, blue and green. Wrap each dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Roll out the cookie dough to a thickness of 3-4 mm on a lightly floured surface. Cut out the dough using your Harry Potter cookie stamps.
- Place the Harry Potter cookies on a baking sheet, leaving a gap between them, and put them in the fridge to cool again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (regular oven, not fan) and bake the cookies for 10-11 minutes. Let them cool completely on a wire rack.
If you have Harry Potter recipes that you would like to share, please feel free to leave a comment or contact us via Facebook.
Not sure what kind of magical dishes you can do? Here's some inspirations.